Monday, May 23, 2016

Stress and Sunshine


It seems like I'm always telling you how crazy the weekdays are around here, and how much I could use some rest on the weekends. That could not be more true these last few days! Last week was another tiring, stressful week. It included a trip to the hospital to get relief for my migraine. I thought for sure they'd tell me a cause and offer a cure. Instead, they told me I was dehydrated and the pain was stress related. Like I didn't know that, but now even a doctor is telling me to relax. I attempted a little of that.

Friday I thought I'd get a little fresh air and a trip to Target. There's not much a trip to Target can't help fix. My little guy requested that we go eat lunch in the cafeteria before we shop. Who am I to deny him this simple joy!? I got out of making a mess at home and he cured a hot dog craving, we all won! The smile on his face was priceless as he talked a mile a minute about all the things we should look at. Of course, I couldn't stop myself from wandering over to Starbucks to get a new coffee mug. It's a problem, I love getting a new fun design!

Saturday rolled around and it was time to go see my oldest daughter perform in a musical at school. She is much more outgoing than I was at her age, I was very shy. This was her second musical and she plans to keep trying out until she gets a lead role. I will admit, I have a lot of fun getting her ready to go. She loves make up and is always happy when she gets to wear more than we allow for daily stuff. I will also admit that I hate how much older she looks, and that red may actually be her color...


I was very proud of her performance! The whole cast of kids did a great job, their hard work showed.

My husband has been looking forward to some good weather so we could get outside and get stuff cleaned up. Sunday was perfect for that! It's a good thing too, because my list of stuff to do was getting long! Last week I introduced you all to my greenhouse... Yeah, about that. I noticed that the nice sunny spot we had it in was actually all shade now. We had to move it and that took a while, but it looks great and is in full sun now! Some of the things on my list had to wait after getting side tracked with rearranging all the veggies and shelves. At least now I can expect some faster action with the tomatoes! Myles also found some more things that needed to get planted, so he got right on it! Gardening has become something I really enjoy, it's a bit stress relieving.

We spent most of the day out back, even with all of the yard work it was relaxing. I found a moment to sit and enjoy our hard work, and a cup of coffee in that new mug! I'm so happy we had a weekend full of sunshine and fresh air...

and comfort food...

Kevin decided that ending the weekend with an easy, mess free dinner was also a good place to start!

I'm lucky to have a husband that knows how to handle me when I am overwhelmed. He knows the way straight to my heart!

I'm hoping this week is much easier than last. It seems like the weeks get harder as this year goes on, I need that to change! I also need to figure out a way to remove some stress from my days, these migraines really take their toll. I don't know how yet, but maybe I need to get back on track with taking walks to start.

The babies and I are starting the week off with a trip to the zoo! Good friends and animals always make for a good Monday! What plans do you have for the week? I hope next week I can report back with an easier week, and I hope everyone else has a great one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment