Monday, May 16, 2016

Change of Plans

I have been attempting to get ahead on my posts and throw some really cool reviews and recipes at you guys. Here's the thing, every single time I get set up for a recipe madness explodes in my house. I have to end up just getting dinner done and doing the nightly routine. And survive. Survival mode kicks in, I warm up my coffee, roll up my sleeves and get s*** done. Just not in the way planned to do it.

Last week I wanted to show everyone this great recipe I came up with for an easy weeknight dinner, I even took some pictures of my prep and set up. I managed to get a shot of the end result too.


Let me paint a picture for you so you understand why this recipe post doesn't exist...

Potty training a two year old, enough said. My six month old is in her "if I hear or see mommy, I have to be on her hip" phase. My oldest son got dropped off 4 minutes earlier than usual, that doesn't seem like a big deal but trust me it is. As a child with special needs even he knows this slight schedule change can throw off your whole day. My teenage daughter is in a musical later this month and has had rehearsal late for weeks now. She is a big help to have around while my husband works out of state. We also have an eleven year old boy who has an insane amount of energy, did I mention to you before that he also struggles with ADHD? You can see where things tend to get a little crazy most days. I'm not complaining, I save that for my husband...

This lovely man listens to my venting and gets yelled at, but never takes it to heart. He's great!

When I was venting to my husband about the crazy week that we were having at home he brought up a good point. I told him I was frustrated that I couldn't manage to get organized for my posts I had planned. His answer, "write about it." He mentioned that the name of my blog pretty much sums it up, "Coffee and Chaos." I'm sure he was waiting for me to shut the idea down, I love to have plans go smoothly and stay organized. I still tried to recover the post about my recipe or another idea I started, but it seemed too forced. Life seems to be a bit chaotic and overwhelming lately and that's not how I want to feel about my blog work too. I really enjoy writing and I'm hoping it shows through my posts!

That night we still ate the meal I was making. We ate in groups due to everyone's schedule, but we ate. My family actually enjoyed their meal too. So my post didn't go as planned, it never even made the cut of my schedule this week. I'll let you in on something, there isn't actually a schedule this week now! I'm writing this post today because I need to learn as a mom, and a blogger that the schedule and ideas I get will not always go as planned. That's not going to stop me from still doing the things I need or want to do though.

These pictures are not from that day, but just to get my point across. They don't care if plans change, if I get a post done or that I even have a blog now. They just care about me and they know I get the job done, even if I am frazzled doing it!

It would be awesome if I had some great advice on how to handle chaos and get through these moments when plans change, I don't. To be quite honest, I kinda stink at that stuff! I get stressed out easy and panic first. I eventually realize it's just life and I can move on. I can say this though, I know I will miss having (some) chaos and a full table one day. So for now I just need to figure out how to roll with it a little better.

We went on to have a great weekend, we spent a lot of time grocery shopping since it was rainy and our gardening plans also were cancelled. Which reminds me, my gardening post will be delayed for this week too! I have a cool series planned on growing in a green house! So brace yourself for some fun posts about vegetables and pictures of the cutest little garden helper I have.

My husband and the kids made cookies while I was at an event on Sunday for my Jamberry Nails business. I had a long drive home to prepare my thoughts for this week, plan a menu and call my Mom. By the time I made it home it was hailing and snowing, it's the middle of May! It's almost like Mother Nature is even in on the joke that is called "change of plans" in my life. At least the sun is shining today and the forecast looks good this week!

and I have cookies...

No comments:

Post a Comment